We had a very busy weekend. How do you all with more than 1 kid do it?! We had our traditional breakfast with Mimi and Pop on Saturday and Jay, Jamie and Clara joined us too. Then Audrey and I ran errands. After naps Audrey and I went to a birthday party for a little girl in her Mother's Day Out class, Bailey. (Scott stayed home to watch the Ole Miss game as we beat FL!)It was a lot of fun. They had ponies there for the kids to ride and Audrey LOVED it. She probably rode them about 40 times. I literally had to drag her away. She cried all the way home : (
I posted a few pictures below. The one with the blonde-haired girl is the birthday girl, Bailey.
On Sunday I helped run the Survivor's Tent at the Race for the Cure. For those who don't know Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) my sorority is one of the major sponsors of the Survivor Tent at all the nation's Race for the Cure. It is always so inspiring to meet the survivors every year. At the Chattanooga Race for the Cure we place pink ribbons on the surivor hats- one for each year they have survived. I believe the highest one we did this year was 35 years! That is AMAZING.
**NOTE** Stepping on my soapbox
We will find a cure for this awful beast. Until we do the best way to become a survivor if you should be caught by this beast is early detection. Self-breast exams done monthly will detect this beast the earliest.
**NOTE** Stepping down now!
I was completely exhausted on Sunday and I'm still recovering today but it was a LOT of fun. I have vowed to run the 5K next year in the Race for the Cure. I better get started training. A picture of some of the ZTAs working the tent was taken by the local paper and is below. ENJOY.

0 comments:
Post a Comment